Are you getting dressed up for date night? The lure of romance is irresistible for many when Valentine’s Day comes around. Here are 6 of the best date night hairstyles that will wow your chosen one. They work well for this year’s Valentine’s Day, whether you’re on a romantic date or going out and feeling fabulous with your friends. These quick and easy date night hairstyles will set you up for a fantastic night. (whether you’ve had a Valentine’s Day card or not!) Here’s a roundup of the best hair styling products and techniques to help you create these lovely looks. You're welcome.
You really can’t go wrong with healthy, gloriously glossy hair on date night. Just keep your hair super sleek, straight and shiny for a look that’s simply stunning. To get a head start on gleaming hair, begin by washing with Really Rather Radiant Divine Shine Shampoo followed by Really Rather Radiant Divine Shine Conditioner. Then apply Perfectly Perfecting Wonder Treatment Oil+, use 3-4 pumps, apply to your palms and work through towel-dried hair from root to tip. Blow dry hair straight, and then use straightening irons. For that glass-like finish add a spritz of ‘A Walk in the Rain Shine & Fragrance Mist.’ Time to go knock ‘em dead.
The fishtail is both pretty and romantic, and surprisingly it’s actually quite easy to create. You’ll be effortlessly glamourous without spending hours on your hair, honest. (Honest.) Start with a sleek base by warming a small amount of Quite Frankly Flawless Finishing Polish between your fingers and working through your hair.
For the fishtail:
1. Brush your hair and fasten into a ponytail at the nape of your neck.
2. Divide ponytail into two equally sized sections.
3. Starting on the right-hand side take a small section of hair from under your right pony and pull it up and over your right-hand pony to join the left-hand pony.
4. Repeat on the other side and then continue until you’ve worked down the length of the hair.
Source: Instagram @adamreedhair
For a messier looking style, tease the hair outwards with your fingers. Spray with Reassuringly Firm Session Hold Hairspray to keep your look in place. The enchanting fishtail braid could quickly become your hot new favourite. Ooh la la!
Effortless long waves that don’t look like you’ve tried ‘too hard’ are just perfect for a date. It’s a great date night hairstyle for long or for shoulder length hair. To get this look:
1. Spray The Perfect Blow Dry Makeover Spray onto damp hair and blow dry.
2. Section your hair into inch-thick sections.
3. Mist each section with Reassuringly Firm Session Hold Hairspray, and then wrap around your curling tong. Continue until all of your hair is tonged.
4. Gently brush the hair through for a soft finish and mist with Eau My Goodness Shine & Fragrance Spray.
And voila, beautifully bouncy, dreamy hair.
The top knot
This is so easy and great if you’re short on getting ready time. Spray Reassuringly Firm Session Hold Hairspray into your hands and pull hair back into a high ponytail and secure with a band. Twist the ponytail and wrap into a loose bun. Secure with pins for a slightly loose soft feel. Add more hairspray, so your look lasts well into the wee hours. So sophisticated, yet so so simple.
Twist it real good. A hot date is the perfect time to experiment with a new look. Check out the How To: Twist it video tutorial featuring our very own Paul Percival. This is a unique look and is the perfect choice whether you are going on an activity-packed date or just want to keep all your hair under control. For this look, you’ll need Abundantly Bouncy Volumising Mousse and Quite Frankly Flawless Finishing Polish in your hair styling toolkit.
Add an exciting edge to a classic ponytail by adding an embellished bobby pin, hair jewellery or by tying a headscarf around your ponytail. This is a look has been rocked by a celeb or two on the red carpet recently.
For the perfect ponytail prep:
1. Start by adding Perfectly Perfecting Wonder Balm to damp hair, which will help keep it blissfully frizz-free.
2. Blow dry
3. Use a paddle brush to sweep hair back and secure at the nape of the neck with a hair band. Apply your accessory, and you’re all ready to go, you’ll be the belle of the ball.
These little hair hacks and tips should help you avoid any date hair disasters, helping you style your hair into chic, romantic loveliness in next to no time. This will leave you more time to perfect your make-up and outfit. There’s almost no need to arrive fashionably late. Almost.