You’ll ooze glamour and sophistication with this 60s inspired voluminous ponytail.
The ‘Bardot’ tutorial shows you a simple way to create a hair updo for the Christmas party. The trick to this look is to tease in volume at the crown to really channel that 60s vibe. Pair this look with a little black dress, and you’ll definitely ‘bang bang into the room’!
Just follow these easy steps to create perfect ‘Bardot’:
1. After washing hair, warm 1-2 drops of Smoothed, Sealed & Sensational Volumising No Oil Oil in palms and apply to hair. This little beauty has been designed to give you silky hair that’s as smooth as a Singapore Sling at sunset!
2. Blow-dry hair in sections using a round brush to create a smooth style.
3. Spray No-Fuss Fabulousness Dry Shampoo at the roots and massage in an upward motion. The dry shampoo helps to create texture and volume at the crown of your hair.
4. Pull your hair back into a low ponytail and then tease out hair at the crown with a tail comb to create a more volumised look.
5. Take a section of hair from the ponytail, and let it sit loosely.
6. Finally, spray Reassuringly Firm Session Hold Hairspray. This humidity-resistant mist will set the look and help to keep your ‘Bardot’ in place all night long.
This pumped-up ponytail is, of course, inspired by a 60s icon, the French Actress Brigitte Bardot. This tutorial gives you va-va-voom volume she would be proud of.
Visit the Percy & Reed YouTube channel for more Christmas hair ideas and simple ‘How To’ hair tutorials. Don’t forget to show off your iconic 60’s Christmas look on our Instagram page over @percyandreed. It must be time to hit the dancefloor.