Question 1: What’s your hair type?
Question 2: How often do you wash your hair?
- Every other day
Question 3: What is your hair care routine?
- Just like my skincare, I have a strict routine. I will use a shampoo, conditioner in the morning, then will use something like a Wonder Balm on towel dried hair to help keep my frizz at bay. A few times a week I use an overnight hair mask to treat my hair like the Percy & Reed Wonder Overnight Recovery. Whilst styling I always try use a heat protector and volumising spray. Styling products vary depending on what look I’m going for, but I will refresh my hair throughout the day with dry shampoo.
Question 4: What does a day in the life of look like?
- Every day is different for me, with the nature of my job it can be a real mix. I always try to go to the gym in the mornings, after that I aim to get a few hours of admin in. I like to be in London by lunch, so I plan my meetings around then. I then try get a shoot in before the light goes then most evenings, I tend to have brand PR events or meet friends for dinner.
Question 5: What’s ‘hair goals’ to you?
- Big bouncy curls or beachy texture
Question 6: What is your day job/ How would you describe what you do?
- I’m a content creator and business owner.
Question 7: What inspired you to work in fashion?
- I would absolutely say my mum, since the age of 10 we would go on weekly shopping trips together, always looking for the new trends and she would always talk about fashion. She studied fashion & beauty at university, so I knew I wanted to work in Fashion but wasn’t sure what at the time.
Question 8: How did you get into this career?
I went to College and studied photography and then went to University to study Fashion Media & Promotion. This helped me learn everything that I do now. I then had a couple of internships behind the scenes, at influencer events and posting on social and always thought I wanted to be that side of things. In 2nd year of uni, (I had set up my blog for four years at this point) I started to get gifted things and by my third year I started doing it as my job as well as freelance. Once I graduated, I set up my own business and it started growing from there.
Question 9: Your favourite thing to do in London on your day off?
- I love shopping and long lunches at Nobu
Question 10: Your favourite place to travel? And the 3 in-flight beauty products you can’t live without when you travel?
- Spain because I grew up there when I was young, it will always have a special place in my heart.
- 3 in-flight beauty products I can;t live without:
- Lano Lips Balm
- Hand Cream
- Refreshing Mist Espa Skincare
Lastly... tell us a few things people don’t know about you
- I can’t drive
- I'm scared of horses
- If I could change my career, I would be a private detective
Step 1: Prep
Step 2: Prime
Step 3: Style
Step 4: Refresh
Step 5: Treat
To discover more about Lauren, head to her instagram @laurengracelifestyle