Get ready to work an iconic Christmas hairstyle that’s worthy of any red carpet. The ‘Sophia’ is the perfect hair updo for a Christmas party.
The Beehive style has been around for generations worn by stars throughout the years like Audrey Hepburn, Amy Winehouse, Barbara Streisand, Adele and more. If you use the right styling products, this look will last all evening. Adding a stylish hair wrap gives the look an on-trend twist.
Just follow these easy steps to get the look:
1. After washing hair, warm 1-2 drops of Smoothed, Sealed & Sensational No Oil Oil in palms and apply to hair from roots to lengths. This serum will fight frizz, smooth flyaways and leave hair silky soft.
2. Then blow-dry hair in sections using a round brush to create a smooth style.
3. Next up, create some volume at the roots of your hair. Spray No-Fuss Fabulousness Dry Shampoo at the roots, and massage in an upward motion to give volume and texture.
4. Grab a paddle brush and then brush your hair backwards from the front hairline.
5. Take your wrap hairband and place it onto your hair.
6. Twist and tuck your hair into the hairband at the back.
7. Now it's time to add more volume to the create the Beehive. Use a tail comb and tease the hair at the crown to create height and volume.
8. Finally, spray Reassuringly Firm Session Hold Hairspray to set the look.
With this tutorial, you’ll channel the glamour of the 60s. This quintessential look will make you feel just like Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
Visit the Percy & Reed YouTube channel for more Christmas hair ideas and simple ‘How To’ hair tutorials. Don’t forget to show off your iconic 60’s Christmas look on our Instagram page over @percyandreed. #percyandreed