Whether you’re thinking about jetting off to beautiful sandy shores or getting cosy by the fire in a chalet in the alps, you’ll want gorgeous hair. Read on to check out our guide to creating perfect hairstyles for your next trip.
Wherever you choose to go and whatever you decide to do, you’ll be doing it in style. From sophisticated updos to laid-back beach waves, here are all the top tips.
Read on, quick! The secrets are out…
Escape to a winter wonderland - skiing in the Alps
Lucky enough to be hitting the slopes this year? Braids are the perfect hairstyle to take you from the slopes to après-ski in style.
Here’s how to get the look:
1. Start with Big, Bold & Beautiful Dry Instant Volumising Spray, misting the spray from roots to ends
2. Comb through to ensure no knots and then divide the hair into two equal sections
3. Clip one side out of the way and begin braiding the other side. For a classic Dutch braid, the right piece goes under the middle, and then the left goes under the middle while adding more hair from the root
4. Repeat the three-strand Dutch braid all the way down to the end. Then do the same on the other side
5. Secure at the bottom with hook bands
6. Use Quite Frankly Flawless Finishing Polish to smooth away any flyaways
And there you have it, all ready to hit up the slopes in style.
Pad barefoot on the beach
Why not turn up the heat this year and hop over to the white powder beaches of Koh Samui instead? You can pad barefoot in the sand, hang out in a hammock or paddle in the sparkling aquamarine seas. It’s a tropical island paradise and the place to kick back and get some serious R&R. Dreamy.
Keep your strands properly protected from the sun while you are in the hot weather. Perfectly Perfecting Wonder Overnight Recovery gets to work on treating your hair while you sleep, working wonders on parched hair.
Laid-back beach waves are the perfect hairstyle for this trip. You’ll be beach ready, and it’s still a stylish look to wear to the beachside bars and clubs.
Here’s a quick and easy way to create natural beach waves on holiday:
1. Apply Perfectly Perfecting Wonder Treatment Oil+ onto the hair to prepare and protect. Blow dry for the best results
2. Follow with Beyond the Beach Texture Spray - our salt spray containing English sea salt, harvested from the coast of Cornwall - for the ultimate undone wave. Shake the bottle well and spray onto dry hair and tousle into soft waves
3. Apply more to go as wild and wavy as you dare!
It’s an easy peasy hairstyle you can wear again and again.
The New York shopping trip
A stylish updo is the perfect chic look to keep you gorgeously glamourous as you tackle the Big Apple in style.
1. Start by prepping the hair with Big, Bold & Beautiful Dry Instant Volumising Spray to create instant volume
2. Mist spray over hair from root to tip
3. Backcomb the hair at the crown, criss-cross two sections and pin into place.
4. Twist the remaining hair into a bun and secure
5. Finish by misting with Reassuringly Firm Session Hold Hairspray
You and your hair will be looking stylish while you shop ‘til you drop.
Partying in London
From secret subterranean cocktail bars to stylish clubs with more lights than the Aurora Borealis, our hometown London has it all when it comes to nightlife. If you want to party like the A-list, a perfectly placed on-trend accessory will ensure your hairstyle is super chic. Glitz and glamour your look to the max by adorning your hair in a collection of eye-catching pieces.
Try positioning a beautiful brooch, a barrette or multiple clips in your hair. Here’s how to get a sleek and simple look:
1. Prep the hair with Smoothed, Sealed & Sensational Volumising No Oil Oil for Fine Hair or Smoothed, Sealed & Sensational No Oil Oil for Thick Hair and then blow dry
2. Section hair into a centre parting and mist with Reassuringly Firm Session Hold Hairspray. It’s a great hairspray for fine hair or hair that already has volume
3. Apply and secure your chosen grips just above the ear. Our founder Adam Reed says, “Spray grips with hairspray before you use them to ensure they have more hold and don’t slip.”
Try multiple grips for a more ‘edgy’ look. You’ll soon be dancefloor ready and all set to dazzle.
The well-earned city break
We think the classic voluminous ponytail with a twist is a perfect look when you’re on the move across the city.
1. Start by prepping the hair with a volumising mousse. Comb a golf-ball size through hair and then dry and style as usual
2. Take the top section of your hair – from the crown to the middle of your head – and twist and pin it out of the way
3. Using a hair elastic, secure the lower section of your hair in the place you want your finished ponytail to be. Unpin the upper section of your hair, brush it back and secure it over the first pony with a hook band
4. Now split the pony into two sections and twist them together. Secure at the bottom with another band
5. Finish with Quite Frankly Flawless Finishing Polish to keep it sleek
This little hair hack will give you a ponytail with a twist that’s sleek, stylish and secure.
So let the fun begin. Wherever you’re spending your next vacation, take some time out to treat and take care of your hair. Any hairstyles you’d like to share with us? We’d love to see them! Share with us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram #percyandreed.